Tuesday, January 14, 2014

August 2013

Oh boy... I need to catch up again.  Be warned that the next few blog posts are going to have tons of pictures!!!  One day I will stay caught up... ;)




In August, I decided to put my sewing machine to use, and I was able to make this colorful scripture case.  It turned out pretty good, and I still use it! :)


I was going to be starting my student teaching mid-August, and I think that we were all gearing up for the changes that would happen to our family during that time.


Madi is becoming such a great helper!  One day, I looked over, and she was trying to feed Lucas a bottle.  Let's face it... She is going to be a mini-Sarah.  I was practically perfect!  (Hahaha!  Just kidding!)


The kids LOVED the park this year.  I love this picture, as you can see Mike's hand stopping Madi from flying off the end of the slide.  During this park trip, we were able to teach her to stop and turn around to get down.  :)  Yay for us!


Little Ms. Independent!  She did not want our help at all!


Love both of their faces in this pic! 


The farmhouse that we live in, in surrounded by corn fields.  Quite often we will see dear out the kitchen window.  It's amazing that they make it all the way to our house.  We don't live that close to the mountains...


Our handsome little Lucas, almost ready for church, one Sunday.

  
Princess Madi ready to go.  It is amazing that her hair is done. She rarely let's me do it anymore. 


This was the first day of student teaching.  Mike sent me a text with this picture.  It made me miss them all over again!  


She obviously got over it quickly, and loved the time with her dad.  Most mornings, I would need to leave by 7:15 am.  Mike would watch the kids, until about noon, and then he had to go to work.  He would drop them off at my mom's house, and she would watch them until I was done.  I am extremely grateful for all the sacrifices that people made, in order for my to accomplish my goal of completing my degree.  I couldn't have done it without them!!


Lucas was loving time with his dad as well! 


Madi has found the hat that Mike brought back from his mission in Argentina.  She loves to put it on.  No matter how many times we try to hide it, she manages to find it!


Who doesn't just melt when they see this picture?


When you ask Madi to do her "funny face" or "silly face" this is what she will usually do.  She makes us laugh!!  All the time!


August flew by, but we continue to be amazed at all the blessings in our lives!  We are so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment